Monday, October 21, 2013

Waiting (FC)

To be honest, sometimes it's hard being single. I know I might sound pathetic to you, because I'm such a youngin', but bear with me. Roughly 70% of my closest friends have a significant other. I don't know what assortment of relationship issues they face, but they all seem happy together. Sometimes I feel lonely, because my friends are busy with their boyfriends, and I'm just at home, alone. I can get so bogged down by the world's lies telling me that my life would be better, more complete, with a guy in my life. I know that isn't true. I know a boyfriend won't fulfill my life. I know I'm young, and don't need to be tied down. And I know that there are other things I should be focusing on. Unfortunately, there seems to be a huge difference between knowing something to be true, and having one's feelings coincide with what is known.

I'm not in a hurry. I've kind of made an agreement with myself a couple years ago not to date in high school. Personally, having a boyfriend in high school would not be practical in my life. We would probably just end up going separate places after graduation, and then breaking up. Sad, right?!? And knowing me, I would be heart-broken, because I really invest my heart into relationships. With that being said, dating now would just lead to future pain. I've decided to save the pain. 

Oh, but sometimes I'm a hopeless romantic, and want someone to experience life with. Sometimes I want to go on cute dates, explore the city, and celebrate new seasons with a significant other. Sometimes I want someone to cuddle with, and buy gifts for. And sometimes I want to be cherished by a guy. Cherished.

I don't plan on getting into a committed relationship this year. Occasionally, I entertain the idea and pity myself, but then I remember how I'll just be leaving this town next fall. That, and I remember the word "cherished". I don't want to have a boyfriend just to have one, just out of desperation. I want to be cherished, and to cherish another. Whoever I end up with must value me. I don't mean to come across as needy or self-centered, but I'm holding out for a gentleman who will see me as a favorite aspect of his life, and care deeply for me. I don't think that's too outrageous to hope for. 

So yes, sometimes it's hard being single, but I know the wait will be worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Katie! That's an amazing idea, I hope you stick with it c: You deserve to be cherished!

    Also, this post was super inspiring. Thank you. :') Why are you so mature?? YGG

    ReplyDelete